Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 1 - Reason to be Motivated

The creation of this blog has been a long and lengthy processes of debate within my life.  For a few years now, I thought to myself that writing a blog would be a good idea....but there were always the excuses.  Would anyone read it?  Would I have the determination to write something with some sort of consistent frequency?  Would I have a topic worth reading?  The answer is probably no for all of these but screw it, I'll never know unless I try.

Throughout your life, you've probably seen an interesting piece of art and thought, jeez, "I could do that".  In reality, you probably could, however you didn't.  There could be a plethora of reasons, but it comes down to motivation.  I found myself talking to my wife about all the hair-brain schemes I've concocted, and as a dear and loving spouse she replied with "that's wonderful dear".  And so I continued without ever really pursuing my ideas and schemes. 

The day that changed it all for me involved the first time I've ever tried an energy drink (which I won't name, but rhymes with "stock car") and realized the superhuman energy and focus it provided.  I told my wife after a nice refreshing, and idea generating (I'll get more into this in another post) shower that I am finally doing it and will aggregate my thoughts, ideas, and schemes into a blog.

Further motivation was generated through my discovery of Quirky.com and my subsequent first idea submission for a curved umbrella.  This adventure started me on a path of invention and self-discovery.

http://www.quirky.com/ideations/237723



Changing subjects slightly...I think we are all brought up with the idea that "I am special to this world" and that "I will make a difference", and I truly believe this to be correct no matter how insignificant you might feel.  For that, my own little start to higher significance continues with this blog.

Here are the ground rules and purpose for my writing:
  1. Posts will be based around the ideas of grandeur and will reflect interesting and thought provoking topics (examples include inventing, small businesses, idea generation, and life improvements).
  2. I will write on this blog at least once per week
  3. Through this blog, I will try to help all those who it touches
With that in mind, I will do my best to entertain, educate, and hopefully inspire all of you to go out and achieve your dreams through my own life adventure.

Start your illusions!

No comments:

Post a Comment