Monday, June 25, 2012

The Pursuit of Creativity

While creating this blog, I struggled with the idea of self promotion; the thought of shamelessly using this avenue of communication to spread my own fame left a sour taste in my mouth...but damn it, it's my blog and I'll do what I want to!

Which brings me to my next invention: The Hydra.  Essentially, I wanted a garden hose with many heads.  At minimum, it seemed like a great idea.  We'll see if the Quirky community likes it.  But that's all fun and games, and there is actually a lesson to be had in today's self promotion.  Do you have a pursuit of creativity?

As with most people, my normal weekday is rather routine...I get, go to work, come home, cook dinner, etc...However, I've learned that setting aside some portion of my day for creative purposes is essential to enjoy the spice of life.  The Artful Genius has an interesting article on the benefits of being creative, and I'm a firm believer that expressing your creative side can have great lasting impacts on you for the rest of your life.

I've spoken much about the creative process already in this blog; from finding your own muses to developing your inventive ideas.  The important thing to keep in mind is that you will not succeed if you never try.  I'm a firm believer in the American Dream and if you think hard enough, try hard enough, and strive for success, you will achieve it.

Wonderful Moment of the Day: Harvesting my first beans from my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment