Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Being that it's Christmas Eve, I felt like writing a blog post would probably diminish the point of spending time with your family.  Instead, here are a few Christmas gift ideas for your kids that will help them learn the benefits of savings and finances early on in life.
1.) Piggy Bank - What better way to start learning how to save then with a piggy bank.  I can remember my own Fisher Price savings bank as a kid and how much I looked forward to filling it up.

2.) Monopoly - The game itself is a great way to teach kids how to use money and what the purposes of a bank are.  I even used to use the monopoly money as currency for other games I created.

3.) Toy Wallet - This can of gift has a two fold benefit of educating your kids on how to handle money while also making them feel like they have something an adult would have.

4.) Cold hard cash -  Most bank branches have special money envelopes they'll give you for free.  I find these to be perfect for giving cash presents to my nieces and nephews.

But that's enough of this blog for the day.  Go spend some time with your family and have a wonderful Merry Christmas!

Wonderful Moment of the Day: Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment